Category Archives: VPN
In the previous article, I showed you how to play games with your friends via Gameranger.
However there are some tips that are good to know.
First of all, if you have a game that is supported by Gameranger, but it doesn’t apear in your list of games in Gameranger, you will need to browser after the .exe of the game. So, in Gameranger, you must go to Edit and Options. There, at the tab named Games, are all the games supported by gameranger. You need to search and select the game that you have in your pc, but gameranger doesn’t find it. After that you browse for the .exe file of the game and open it.
Now, you can play with your friends.
Another thing good to know is that in games you can chat. I don’t know all the button for in game chat, however in Yu-Gi-Oh Power of Chaos, you can press the buttons from F1 to F12 for chat message. In this game, you cannot write your own message.
In finally, you must use your friend list. You will be announced when a friend is online or when a friend opens a room.
I hope these tips are useful for you 😀 .
See ya next time!
In this tutorial, I will show you how to play games with your friends using Gameranger.
First of all, you need to download Gameranger from http://www.gameranger.com/
To see list of the games supported by gameranger go to http://www.gameranger.com/games/
Gameranger can be installed on PC, Mac and Cross-platform .
Now to play, you need to follow some steps.
- Run the GameRanger Setup application.
Open the file GameRangerSetup.exe and click Install.
If a message appears asking if you are sure you want to run this file, click Run.
- Create a new free account.GameRanger will prompt you to create a new GameRanger account or use an existing one, and you will need to enter your valid e-mail address. You should use the address your friends are most likely to know.
- Activate your account and log in.Within minutes you should receive a confirmation e-mail to activate your GameRanger account. If it’s not in your inbox, try looking in your junk folder, and mark it as a trusted-sender, or „not spam.” Adding the sender to your address book is also a good idea.
- Invite your friends.Under the Community menu, there are various options to invite your friends to try GameRanger. You can also search to see if they already have GameRanger accounts.
- Host or Join a game.To join an existing game, select a game room from the list and click Join Game. If the game room has a green dot next to it, then it is already playing. Some games do not allow you to join if they have already started. Alternatively, you can create a new game by clicking Host Game.
After you pressed Host, you can manage your room using some settings.
So, you can choose the game that you want to play ( in image „Bordelands”), you can choose the maximum number of players (this depends mostly of what game you want to play, if you play Bordelands the maximum number of players can be 4, if you play Yu-Gi-Oh Power Of Chaos the maximum number of players is 2 and so on), you can put a description to the room and a password. Also, you can allow late joiners, friends joiners or Gold and Silver joiners. Finally, you press ok and your room is created.
If you receive an error such as :
you need to press continue.
After the room has some players you can start the game pressing Start.
If you have opened another program that can create a room/server to play games such as Hamachi, it is recomanded to close that program.
Now, the game will start and you need to create the server in game. Usually the server in game is created by gameranger. After that you can play with your friends!
GameRanger – the easiest way to play your friends online.